The application to the Free Standing Masters in Sociology requires the following materials:
- Statement of Academic Purpose
- Your statement should describe your interest in sociology, potential research that you would like to pursue, and a description of the experiences and/or training that prepare you for a Masters program in sociology.
- Writing sample
- The writing sample should be 15 to 20 pages long and demonstrate your academic writing ability. It need not be a sociological study or document, although we prefer to see your writing in the social science.
- GRE General test scores
- No subject test is required for our program. We do not require a minimum GRE score, and consider test results in conjunction with the other materials submitted for the application.
- Full academic transcripts for previous degree programs
- Enrollment is contingent upon completion of your undergraduate degree.
- Three letters of evaluation from people able to assess your academic potential.
- Foreign students must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Students whose native language is not English, or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
While the application deadline is March 15th, 2019, we encourage students to apply early, in January of 2019, to increase their chances of receiving financial support. We offer partial fellowships to a select group of applicants every year.
More information: Admissions